Congratulations to our 2014 Fresh Awards Winner!
…and thanks for making it really difficult for us to decide:
About Northern Soho
Northern Soho is a collective celebration of our region’s vibrancy, creativity and potential – all that’s good about the northern scene and all the great work we do.
We are a group of creatives, artists, designers, web developers, photographers and people interested in working together and making our region even more fabulously creative!
Our mission is to raise the awareness of the creative talent in the North West to retain talent and business opportunities within our region and show our clients why they don’t need to look to London for the creative or potential to deliver results.
About the Fresh Awards
Fresh is an independently owned organisation that works in conjunction with a variety of leading industry titles, delivering awards programmes designed to recognise and reward creativity, effectiveness and innovation in the Creative, Digital, Media and Public Relations arena’s in the UK and Ireland. Established in 2003, Fresh has quickly become a recognised brand and important highlight in the industry calendar, with an original approach to awards delivery and a policy of keeping the process of entering awards as transparent as possible.
What are we looking for?
We want you to show us something tangible that has been or will be produced through collaborative effort during the qualifying period, demonstrating the tremendous creative talent that exists in the North of England (outside of London).
You can demonstrate this talent any way you please, but entries must be presented in one of the following formats and submitted electronically:
- Video, animation or audio composition up to 3 minutes in length
- PowerPoint presentation of up to 10 slides
- A piece of writing of up to 500 words
- A storyboard or poster of up to 4 pages of A4 or one sheet of A2
Judges will be on the lookout for entries that clearly embody Northern Soho values, ideas that will generate a buzz, promote Northern talent in the creative industries and promote Northern Soho aims and objectives. If you can knock our socks off, so much the better!
How to Enter
Firstly, you must register your intent to apply on the Northern Soho website. Complete all of the details as instructed and you will be emailed a reference number to write on your form and label your entry with. [Registration Form].
When you have your reference number, send us your entry in electronic format with a copy of your entry form to the Northern Soho before the deadline of the 12 September 2014:
- Complete the online entry form and upload your documents.
- Email your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or send us a CD, DVD or USB drive to: Northern Soho, c/o Pressed Media, Empress Business Centre, 380 Chester Road, Manchester, M16 9EA
Shortlisted entries will be announced at the Northern Soho September Meetup on Tuesday 30th September 2014.
On the Day
Northern Soho has been given a table at the Fresh Creative Awards dinner. Depending on the number of seats, judges and the top 3 shortlisted entrants will be invited to the event. If there are not enough seats, we will announce the winning entry as part of the Freshtival event and up to 5 members of the winning team will be invited to dinner.
To buy tickets for the awards dinner, please sign up on the Fresh Awards website!
- Entry is open to anyone who is a registered member of Northern Soho before the closing date of 12th September and who is working in advertising, marketing, communications, design, digital, media, public relations, or social media whether as a department, an employee, a company or freelancer.
- We will consider submissions concerning collaborative efforts that are incomplete or ongoing, provided that there is strong evidence to demonstrate that collaboration partners are actively engaged, the idea has progressed beyond conception with funding in place and something has been produced that can be used to evaluate the submission.
- Northern Soho promotes Northern creative talent and is predominately a regional organisation. Entries will not be accepted from London or outside of the region, unless they form part of a collaborative regional entry.
- Entrants must be available to attend both the Fresh Creative Awards Dinner on 31st October 2014 and the Northern Soho Fresh Debrief Meetup on 25th November 2014.
- The qualifying period for the activity or content of the entries is 1st January 2014 to 31st August 2014.
- By entering you are declaring that you own the intellectual property rights to be able to submit the entry, that the submission has not been entered into any other competitions, campaigns or award programmes, and that you are granting Northern Soho and the Fresh Awards permission to use and display the submission across all relevant media for the purposes of the award program and related promotional activities.
- All entries must be submitted in electronic format.
- Present your work carefully and ensure that your file is clearly labelled and identifiable.
- Please ensure that all participants are listed on the entry form.
- The judges reserve the right to decline any entry that does not meet the eligibility criteria.